Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Hosting Baby Showers and other Baby Gifts topics.
Just for a minute, think about going “old school” for your friend's baby shower. You're probably thinking, what the heck does that mean?
If you think you can't read on without hyperventilating, please put the paper bag down. Just think how proud and amazed (and possibly disbelieving) your friends will be when you show up with a made-from-scratch baby shower cake.
To make it a little less intimidating, follow these guidelines:
1) Buy a cookbook, or search the Internet for a good cake recipe.
2) Go shopping for a cute baby-themed cake pan.
3) Make sure you have all of the ingredients before you get started.
4) Read the directions all the way through before getting started.
5) Locate key items in your kitchen—including something called the “oven”. Turn it to the temperature required while you're mixing the ingredients.
6) Grease the pan.
7) Pour the mixture into the pan and bake.
Once the cake is done and safely out of the pan (and now that your confidence is up), get creative and decorate it yourself!